Dr. Baghotia has served the nation in various capacities. While posted as medical officer he has served the patients in the Dispensaries, hospitals for OPD, Indoor and emergency care. He has 7 years of service in Central Jail Tihar. As SMO of the Hospital he started De-addiction Centre. He has indenting contribution in banning smoking in Tihar way back in 1994. Then Inspector General (Prisons), Dr. Kiran Bedi in her book “IT’S ALWAYS POSSIBLE” documented at page no. 281- “Dr Baghotia brought initiative and concern to the medical services in Tihar. He lost no time in streamlining the system and clearing up the formidable backlog that had accumulated over the years”.
As State Leprosy Officer he is actively involved in monitoring and supervision of leprosy activities, training of medical, paramedical and non-medical personnel attached with Government, Autonomous Bodies and NGOs in Delhi. He is supplying MDT Drugs to all health care institutions, conducting training, workshops & seminars and spreading awareness of leprosy in the community. More than 5000 personnel have been trained for leprosy. As SLO he is also cooperating and coordinating with International, National and Local NGOs. He was the core group member of Leprosy Elimination Monitoring conducted by NIHFW (during 2001-2004) in collaboration with Government of India, WHO and ILEP (International NGOs). Dr Baghotia has contributed towards decentralization and integration of leprosy services in general health care system. Leprosy is the only programme in Delhi which is running on the district pattern. He has a big role in bringing the leprosy at the level of elimination in Delhi. He is always on the forefront whenever there is Health Mela, Bhagidari Mela, Health Camp or any Health Awareness Rally. He has represented Delhi in Southeast Asian regional Meetings at Katmandu and Bangkok.
As State Programme Officer biomedical waste management; he was actively involved in establishment of centralized treatment facilities at Okhla and Nilothi. By his innovations, Bio-medical Waste Management Cell has become a revenue generating unit. It would be generating over Rs.50,00,000/- (Rupees Fifty Lakhs) per annum in addition to free treatment of waste generated in Healthcare units under govt. of NCT of Delhi.
He has also worked as State Cancer Control Officer for six months. Major area of work are capacity building of Health care personnel, strengthening of diagnostic and treatment facilities for cancer in Delhi. Health promotion and awareness generation in the community. Anti tobacco Campaign, Monitoring and evaluation of cancer detection and treatment in Delhi.
Also working as State Programme Officer for Fluorosis Mitigation Programme It is being implemented in NCT of Delhi. This is unique Programme with focus area of Strengthening health care institutions, Capacity building of Health care personnel, Community awareness for Fluorosis, schools, community and household surveys and encouraging use of safe drinking water in collaboration with Delhi Jal Board.
As State Programme Officer for Silicosis he was actively involved in the survey of silicosis affected people in Lal Kuan area of south Delhi. He organised the National Workshop on Silicosis in 2011 and 2012. More than 150 candidates/stakeholders from different sections of Society/Industry participated in these workshops.
Also looking after the scheme of State Award to Service Doctors and paramedical staff given to the meritorious candidates working under Govt. of NCT of Delhi.
Also Heading Mobile Health Scheme of Govt. of NCT of Delhi.
1. K S Baghotia and N K Sethi: A Study of Hospital Waste Management in a Tertiary Care Hospital. Health and Population-Perspectives and Issues 21 (1): 1- XX, 1998
2. K S Baghotia and N K Sethi: Hospital Waste Management. Journal International Medical Science Academy, Vol.14 No.2: 97-99, April-June 2001.
3. K S Baghotia: Status Report on Leprosy in National Capital Territory of Delhi, 2000-2001
4. K S Baghotia: Status Report on Leprosy in National Capital Territory of Delhi, 2001-2002
5. K S Baghotia: Biomedical Waste Management Status in National Capital Territory of Delhi, 2002
6. K S Baghotia: Status Report on Leprosy in National Capital Territory of Delhi, 2003
7. K S Baghotia: Biomedical Waste Management Status in National Capital Territory of Delhi, 2003
8. K. S. Baghotia: Urban Leprosy Elimination
9. Status Report Leprosy 2004
10. Biomedical Waste Management Status in NCT of Delhi 2004
11. Biomedical Waste Management Status 2006
12. Dr Baghotia K S: Biomedical Waste Management- Delhi Experience. Journal of the Indian Society of Hospital Waste Management, Volume 7-8, Number 1 September 2009
13. Dr K S Baghotia: Leprosy Scenario 2010, Govt. of NCT of Delhi
14. Dr Baghotia K S: Study of Biomedical Waste Management- in selected Hospitals of Delhi. Journal of the Indian Society of Hospital Waste Management, Volume 10, Number 1 September 2011
He has many publications to his credit. He is active life member of many National/International Professional bodies like:
1. National Academy of Medical Sciences (India)
2. International Medical Science Academy
3. Academy of Hospital Administration
4. Indian Medical Association
5. Indian Public Health Association
6. Hospital Infection Society, India
7. Indian Society of Hospital Waste Management
8. Indian Society of Health Administrators
9. Indian Association of Leprologists
10. Indian Association of Occupational Health
11. Indian confederation of Health care Accreditation
He was elected Secretary of Indian Society of Hospital Waste Management on 1st September 2006 and re-elected twice thereafter.
Awards / Recognitions:
Dr K S Baghotia has been conferred State Award by Govt. of NCT of Delhi in 2006 for meritorious services in health care.
He was also conferred Bhagirathi Award 2011-12 on 27th September 2012.
In January 2014, His Excellency the President of India nominated him as Hony. Secretary of Hind Kusht Nivaran Sangh (Indian Leprosy Association). The HKNS has 18 state branches and its headquarter is located at 1st Floor, Red Cross Building, New Delhi-110001
Head (Public Health Wing-III)
(NLEP, Silicosis, & Fluorosis)
Govt. of NCT of Delhi
Directorate General of Health Services,
Pt DSS Bhawan, Sector 20, Dwarka
Ph.+91-11-28050229 | Fax: +91-11- 28054777
Email : email@example.com